One Percenter by D.R. Graham ***Review***

Synopsis

99% of bikers obey the law. The other 1% make their own…
Eighteen-year-old Tienne Desrochers grew up in the rough world of the Noir et Bleu Motorcycle Club. Bikers. Family. Outlaws. But after her dad’s murder, Tienne decides she’s had enough. She refuses to end up like her drug-addicted mom. So she grabs her younger brother and leaves it all behind…including her boyfriend, Aiden Gyllenhall.

More comfortable in the middle of a bar fight than at a country club, living with her wealthy aunt and uncle is an adjustment, to say the least. No swearing. Designer shoes that pinch. And charming corporate types like Leland Crofton instead of super-sexy, tattooed Aiden. But even the upper class can’t escape the toxic touch of underworld violence. And this time, Tienne won’t just learn who she really is—she’ll learn who has her back.

Add this book to your Goodreads Shelf

Or purchase it from the following retailers:

Amazon US

Amazon UK

Barnes&Noble

***

About The Author

D.R. Graham is the author of the Noir et Bleu Motorcycle Club series. The first book is titled ONE PERCENTER (Entangled Publishing February 23, 2015), RANK (HarperCollins March 2015), THE HANDLER (Book # 2 NetB: Entangled Publishing April 2015), Brampton Beach series (HarperCollins July, September, November 2015). Graham is also the author of the Apple iBooks best selling Young Adult novel, HIT THAT AND YOU’RE DEAD. She is also an award winning columnist for the Richmond News.

D.R. Graham worked as a social worker with at-risk youth for seven years before becoming a therapist in private practice. The clients she works with are children and teenagers and her novels deal with issues relevant to young adults in love, transition, or crisis.

D.R Graham’s novels are edgy and reflect the emotional rawness of the adolescent psyche. The novels contain coarse language and mature subject matter.They are intended for mature young and new adult readers.

She currently lives in Vancouver, British Columbia with her husband.

Connect with her:

Facebook
Website
Twitter
Instagram

***

My Review

Rating: 5 Wine glasses

Bikers, romance, sexy bad boy and mystery? What’s not to love about a book that contains all of that? Dark and edgy, this book blew me away. The characters were amazingly written and complex, even though Tienne had her annoying moments (I’ll get to that later), I was pretty impressed.

This type of romance isn’t what I’m typically into- I’m more a hearts and flowers, fluffy romance, type of girl- but the edginess of this book, the dark romance, the story-line, everything, just appealed to me. I struggled to put it down. The fact that Tienne’s motivation was wanting to give her brother a better life, spoke to me and it told me a lot about Tienne’s character. The sibling relationship between Tienne and Cooper was perfect and in an effort to avoid spoiling the story for all of you, I have to say that my heart really broke and I vowed never to read another D.R Graham book again (of course that won’t really happen).

Now on to Tienne’s annoying moments. I love that she’s a very strong and well-rounded character, but I felt like her flaws were too emphasized.
The way she treated Aiden when she first left the life, even though Aiden was willing to stay by her side through everything and anything, well, that really pissed me off. Not only that, but she was a bit blindingly trusting when it came to the country-club boyfriend (whose name I just can’t seem to recall at the moment.) I would have thought Tienne to be a bit more wary.

But aside from that, this book was gut-wrenching, heart-breakingly beautiful. D.R Graham is really talented when crafting a story, from the way she sets a scene, to the way she pours feeling into all her words. I highly recommend this book.

Advertisements

What's your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s